Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2008 Inroads Studio Tour

The tour started at 10 a.m. on August 30th with us running around frantically putting up the signs at the major intersections. Some mix up occurred as someone else had already done so for two of the intersections. I returned to my studio at 9:50 a.m. and the first car full of visitors arrived along side me. It was enjoyable chaos from then until 5 p.m. that day. I was overwhelmed by the good words and the interest in my work. I sold two paintings before the day was done. On Sunday it was slightly slower but there ended up being almost the same amount of visitors if my Guest book was any indication. Another sale and a future commission where finalized. I did have some visitors confused as to the route so after 5 p.m. I checked out the two signs that I hadn't put up and there was indications of how to get to the #2 artists studio but nothing to indicate mine except a small arrow. I debated putting my signs up but didn't want to step on any toes so just hoped for the best.

Monday was a busy day and I sold one more painting. It was a very successful venture from my point of view and I enjoyed chatting with the many visitors. I worked on my huge Grizzly Bear painting while in the studio and that interested many people and I noticed a few came back on Monday to see how it was coming along.

I actually had one couple come back 3 days in a row before they purchased a painting, that shows people are being very choosy which is always a good idea when buying art. After all, it will hopefully be on view in your home for many years so it is always best to be very sure.

I hope to have the studio open as often as I can manage with only having every 2nd weekend off but for sure my usual Mondays off it will be open.

No comments: